Get That Perfect Photo.
Sooner or later you’ll wind up with strobe lighting in your home studio and there are a number reasons why strobes are a good choice. You may be asking though why I would I want a strobe over continuous lighting? The answer there lies in power and the strobe providing more of it in a short burst along with the having the ability to freeze motion, which a continuous light cannot do. Also you’ll find that there are more modifiers (attachments) available for a strobe than for any continuous light.
So let’s dive into some of the highest customer rated and cost-effective studio strobe lighting kits that are available out there. Each kit is a little bit different so check them all out and then decide which one would be best for you. Once you’ve decided that simply click on an image.
This offering from LimoStudio will provide you with just about everything you need in a studio strobe kit. The kit contains strobes, soft boxes, umbrellas, gel filters, triggers and receivers. Here’s how the kit is broken down.
- 3 – 200 Watt studio quality flash tube bulbs that have an estimated life of 8000 hours. Also includes the 250 W light Holders and studio quality model light that is 50W.
- 2 – 3 7/8 inch diameter Universal Speed Rings
- 1 – Barn door with a honeycomb grid and four gel filters (translucent, red, yellow, blue) included.
- 1 – 4 Channel remote trigger plus 3 studio strobe receiver sets.
- 2 – 24” x 24” soft box reflector units that have four levels of light control available along with a carrying case.
- 2 – 33 inch umbrella reflectors that are black and silver.
- 3 – Air cushion light stands that are adjustable from 36 inches to 86 inches tall.
- 1 – Heavy-duty carrying case to transport your equipment.
- Consumer reviews for this kit currently give it a 4.0 stars out of 5 rating.
This second offering from LimoStudio is a lighter version of the one above and contains two strobes, umbrellas, stands, trigger, receivers and carrying bag. The complete breakdown is as follows.
- 2 – Studio quality light stands that can adjust from a minimum of 4’5” to a maximum of 8’4” tall.
- 2 – 200 Watt umbrella strobe flash with a 100 Watt flash tube that has a life expectancy of 8000 hours and a 100 Watt studio quality model light.
- 1 – 4 Channel remote trigger plus 2 studio strobe receiver sets at operate by two AAA batteries.
- 1 – 33 inch diameter translucent shoot through umbrella reflector that is both lightweight and easy to set up.
- 1 – 33 inch diameter black and silver umbrella reflector that will spread light evenly and minimize any loss.
- 1 – Heavy-duty carrying case that will make transporting your equipment easy and safe.
- The reviewer rating for this kit stands at 4.4 stars out of
The Neewer studio strobe kit would be another fine choice for your home studio. The kit provides 900W of lighting, soft boxes, umbrellas, stands and much more. Read below to see how the complete kit is broken down.
- 3 – 300 Watt strobe lights that are professional quality, also contain their own 75W modeling lights in addition to a buzz function.
- 1 – Barn door with honeycomb and for color gels (translucent, blue, red, yellow) which allow you to change background colors.
- 2 – Soft boxes that measures 19 5/8 inches x 27” and can be used with continuous or flash lighting.
- 1 – 33 inch diameter black and silver umbrella.
- 1 – Wireless 16 Channel radio trigger and receiver.
- 3 – Aluminum light stands that are described as heavy-duty with two of the stands adjusting to 74 inches tall.
- 1 – Convenient heavy-duty carrying bag.
- This kit currently has a reviewer rating of 4.1 stars out of 5.
The Square Perfect set up that only comes with all the strobe equipment you need it also comes with three backdrops. Take a look below to see how the rest of this package shapes up.
- 2 – 160 W professional grade studio strobes with modeling light that are usable from 1/8 power up to full power with a four leaf barn door and 4 soft gels (translucent, yellow, blue, red).
- 2 – 20” x 28” soft boxes.
- 1 – Synch Flash B
- 1 – Four Channel Radio Trigger, Receiver, and Sync Cord.
- 3 – Light stands that are described as professional duty with two of the light stands extending from 37 inches to 84 inches and the other one from 18 inches to 39 inches.
- 1 – 33 inch gold reflecting umbrella.
- 3 – (1) Grey fabric backdrop that is 10’ x 20’ with a light proof carry bag and (2) 6’ x 9’ backdrops. One is pure black and the other is pure white and includes a 22 inch carry bag and is light proof.
- 1 – 22 inch diameter collapsible double-sided reflector. One side of silver and one side is gold.
- 1 – Honeycomb to give you full control on the direction of your light.
- 1 – Snoot attachment for the strobes.
- 1 – Convenient carrying case.
- Currently holds a 4.1 star out of 5 reviewer rating.
There you have it 4 of the highest reviewer rated strobe kits available right now. These kits are not only highly rated but also provide very high value for their cost. To get more information on any one kit, read the reviews or to order simply click on any image and a new window will open to provide you the information that you requested.