Long Lasting And Cool Running.
LEDs are the future of lighting not only in your home but in your photography studio as well. LEDs are cool running, ultrabright and above all long-lasting. Most of the lifespans you will see when looking at LED photography lights is around 10,000 hours. I don’t know about you but 10,000 hours of photography lighting time will last me just about a lifetime.
This is not to say though they are without their problems one of which is that they are more expensive than the now popular CFL fluorescent bulbs. This is changing though as time goes on and new applications are found as well as less-expensive manufacturing methods. The great thing with LEDs though versus CFL bulbs is that if you break an LED you don’t have to call a hazmat crew to clean it up.
Below are five outstanding kits that use LED lighting panels. These kits are very versatile and in most cases extremely portable because they can utilize batteries when not plugged in. Simply scroll down, check out each one and then click on that kits image to be taken to it.
Click On Any Image Or Heading.
This LimoStudio LED lighting kit is a very inexpensive way to get your feet wet with LEDs. These lights are very portable, light and run on AA batteries as well. Below is what the full package contains.
- 2 – LED lights with barn doors. Each light consist of a bank of 160 LEDs that run on six AA batteries. Lights can also mounted on a standard hot shoe that is on most cameras and camcorders.
- 2 – Light stands that are studio quality and adjust from 10 to 15 inches tall. Due to their small size and weight they are extremely portable.
- 4 – Color filters.
- This light set currently has a reviewer rating of 4.2 stars out of 5.
The Aputure Amaran kit is a very affordable way to add some very bright photo lighting to your arsenal. Each panel contains 528 individual LEDs at 5500K but are modifiable to 3200K through the use of included filters. Take a look below and check out what the full kit offers.
- 2 – LED lights that consist of 528 individual LEDs and measure 9.37 x 7.4 x 1.25. The color temperature of the lights is 5500K with 3200K achievable through use of the included orange filter. The panels use lithium batteries of the following types: Sony NP-F series: NP-F550/F570/F770/F960/F970, NP-FM series:FM50/FM51/FM55H/FM500H and NP-QM series: QM50/QM51/QM71D/QM91D (batteries not included).
- 2 – Light stands that adjust to a maximum of 6.5 feet tall.
- 4 – Color filters, two white and two orange.
- 2 – Power adapters and power cords.
- 1 – Peargear clean kit.
- 2 – Carrying bags.
- Currently is boasting a reviewer rating of 5.0 stars out of 5
These LED panels are a great way to pick up some additional cool running lighting for your home studio. The 126 individual LEDs in each panel also run on six AA outline batteries, which make them eminently portable as well. To see what else is in this kit read below.
- 2 – LED lights that consist of 126 individual LEDs each that are dimmable via a rotate switch. The light is also designed to a standard hot shoe so it can be used on a DV, DLSR or DC. Batteries not included but it is compatible with Sony NP-Series Li-ion rechargeable battery (NP-FH70, NP-FM55H, NP-F550…), Panasonic CGR-D16S rechargeable battery and 6 x Alkaline/NiMH AA Batteries.
- The lights color temperature is 5200K with 3200K achievable through use of the included orange filter.
- 2 – Light stands that are adjustable to a max height of 75 inches with a weight capacity of 13.5 pounds.
- 6 – Color filters.
- Currently sporting a consumer review rating of 4.6 stars out of 5.
The ePhoto LED lighting panels provide you with ultra-bright LEDs that number 500 in each panel with a daylight balanced temperature 5500K. To see what else is in this package continue reading below.
- 2 – LED light panels that contain 500 individual ultra-bright LEDs each and has a physical size of 14″W x 7″H x 2.5″D. The lights color temperature is 5500K daylight balanced.
- 2 – Light stands that are adjustable to 6.5 feet tall.
- 2 – Power cords.
- Currently has a reviewer rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
The StudioPRO LED lighting panel kit is something special. From its 1200 individual LEDs to the fact that it is a bicolor unit allowing you to dial in the temperature of light you wish. You can also do further adjustments to the color by using the filter packet that is included. Below is what this entire package includes.
- 2 – LED light panels that contain 1200 individual LEDs each that are bicolor (3200K to 5400K ) and dimmable. Barn doors are included for better light direction.
- 2 – Bi-Color Battery Base for Sony V-lock Battery
- 2 – Filter packs.
- 2 – Professional quality air cushioned light stands that are adjustable from 2.5 feet to 8.5 feet tall with a closed length of 30 inches.
- 1 – 10 foot wide background support system that extends to 7’6” tall and includes a padded carrying case.
- 3 – Seamless hundred percent cotton backdrops, one black, one white and one muslin green screen. They are also machine washable, have a 3 inch pocket for hanging and are crimped along the edges for durability.
- The reviewer rating on this unit is presently a massive 4.8 stars out of 5.
You’ve just seen five of what we consider to be the top customer rated LED kits available today. Now simply click on the image for the one that interests you and a new window will open to provide you more information, an opportunity to read the customer reviews or to purchase.